Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Venturing into a thoughtful realm

So, I took a bit of a facebook/myspace trip down memory lane and I started thinking about stuff. And I came to one big conclusion:

I was a huge pessimist.

I didn't ever really think about how good everything was for me, about all my friends, about who cared for me even if they didn't show it. I forgot what it meant to just be loved for the sake of being loved. There are so many things I wish I could go back and change like how things ended up with Katie, how I handled so many different situations. But the more I continued to think, the more I began to realize that these things had to happen. In order to learn from what happened in all of these situations, in all of those times where I just threw myself mini pity-parties twice a week, they had to happen.

Looking back, of course, I realize how foolish I looked. Just reading a bunch of old messages back and forth with people made me realize how much of a drama-king I was. But you know what? I'm okay with that. Heck, now I know what NOT to do. It's kind of like watching an episode of Scrubs, with all of the important life lessons at the end of the episode. That's kind of how this feels.

Of course, in Scrubs, there's usually a really funny one-liner to make you smile right about now.

I don't got any of those.

No comments: